Monday 12 July 2010

Mini on a Mission

It's not as easy to get used to crossing the street with cars coming and going from the other direction as it should be. Most people would probably have it down by now, but me, I am taking longer. Today I was walking Idaly and the girls to catch the bus to go to Holland Park and this guy in a opalescent Mini Cooper nearly ran me down. He yelled "genius!" at me because I was completely confused about not only where I was going but which way I should be looking to avoid being run over. Here's his car in front of his house which I found by accident (and will definitely avoid).


On our way to the bus, even though I should be working, we stopped by a fab kids store right down the street from our house. It's called Ilovegorgeous. Very small, very cute, very expensive. Sort of like Oilily but tinier and thankfully, on sale. Lucy had fun.


It took us a while to find the right bus for Holland Park. We literally went to 4 incorrect bus stops before finding the one that would land the kids and Idaly at Holland Park for some playground time. I am sitting here crossing my fingers they make it there and don't end in like Liverpool or something by mistake. 

I walked back home down Portobello Road. So much calmer and quieter than on the weekends. It's this kind of thing you see on the street that just makes you know you are in a special place:

No comments:

Post a Comment